Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What do pdfs need to be displayed in Atlas?

Although I can display in Atlas.ti pdfs created by journals, Atlas canīt display the pdfs I create. I havenīt seen any info on this in Atlas.ti. Are there any requirements for the pdfs to be displayed in Atlas?. Would it be possible that Atlas.ti list them and explain what do we need to so that Atlas can handle them?

I just copied and saved some image text I had scanned in different image formats, then make them a single pdf file and converted to text with adobe 9 OCR. The file works well in Acrobat, but when I use Atlas.ti 6 to display it, just a grayish background is displayed. No particular message...

Do we need to follow a special procedure to display them in Atlas.ti?

yoyogongzuo has been removed from the forum. The missing post was merely spam.

All users are encouraged to report spam and other inappropriate posts.

ATLAS.ti Executive
    Constantino,
    as you may know, there are quite a few variants when creating PDF code. Not every detail is covered by the 700-page PDF specification. Even with our test base of a few thousand PDF documents there may still be ones that need further inspection. It would be extremely useful if you could create a support ticket and send us one of those files as a sample.

Thanks!
    - Thomas
    PS: by the way, we can display some PDFs that even fail in Adobe!

ATLAS.ti Executive
    Constantino,
    can you repeat the creation process and
    1. set the PDF compattibility mode to 1.6 or lower
    2. do not protect copying text
    3. disable fast web display

Does it work then?

Regards
    - Thomas

I am having the same problem. I am creating PDFs using Acrobat Pro 9 Extended with the following settings:

PDF version 1.5
    No Fast Web Viewing optimization
    No password/security restrictions

But I am still unable to view the documents in Atlas (6.0). I can see some PDFs, but not others. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Peter

ATLAS.ti Executive
    It is some combination of features which we need to analyze differently. Can you make the following test: Take one of the documents that does not display and create it again as an Acrobat 5 (1.4) PDF.

Thanks
    - Thomas

Sorry Thomas, I got rid of the originals so I canīt create them again.
    Iīll let you know when I create other ones if it worked that way.

Regards,

Constantino

Actually it seems that adobe creates new pdfs to 1.6 by default. I have created another one with the same results. Copying is not protected either.

Regards

ATLAS.ti Executive
    To make sure that the files work with A6 save them with Adobe 5.0 compatibility, that is PDF 1.4. It will also accept fast web access. This is the format most commonly used to guarantee compatibility with ALL available PDF capable software. You can change the settings accordingly in your PDF maker.

I just played around and figured this out today as well. In Acrobat 9 I go to "Document" then "Reduce File Size" and then select "Apply to Multiple".

All of my pdfs are now working except for those that have security restrictions and I cannot change and they have been saved as version 1.5. I did find that ocassionally version 1.6 will work but I don't think I ever saw that 1.5 worked in all of the docs I have loaded.

The next work around for a secure document is to print the pdf as an MDI doc (MS office document image writer) and then save as a .tif. Not text searchable but doable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast