low-tech customized output/export for presentation

I agree with the posts on the xml forum (e.g. http://forum.atlasti.com/showthread.php?t=4716): We desperately need visually appealing and interactive options for engaging our stakeholders with the data but which bypasses the need to learn xml programming or some other 'techy' skill. A plugin or addin might be the way to go, perhaps included with a wizard. The bottom line is that clearly something is needed that automates customized output/export for presentation. In my view this is synonymous with the export of raw text into a PowerPoint slide deck, or the table and graph wizard tool in Excel. In its current form ATLAS.ti is super for ethnographic analyses conducted by a single research who is simply writing up results for a publication. However, I suppose that most of us require other aesthetically captivating engagements for conference presentations, design concept generations, or interactive websites. Surely you can come up with something!

I agree with Peter. Has anyone had any luck with using the stylesheets for more aesthetically pleasing output? If anyone has created any new stylesheets and wouldn't mind sharing I think we all would appeciate it.

I too agree
    and here is something else
    How about inviting people to suggest the xml output they want, and someone at your end programming them. I suppose most people's requirements overlap, and pretty soon there'd be a compilation of all that's needed.

That's a great suggestion David. Personally I don't understand why the ATLASti developers are dragging their feet on this. Extending the software's functionality to include data presentation in contexts of team collaboration could potentially expand its market appeal with relatively little effort in my view. Increasingly researchers are asked to work in multidisciplinary settings where the communication of qualitative data is a key means of convincing stakeholders about the value of such data and methods, and by extension ATLASti!