Thread: Identifying who applied which code to which quote

Identifying who applied which code to which quote

Atlas.ti displays the creator of each quote and each code, but does it identify the person who applied a particular code to a particular quote? If so, where is this information displayed?

Quote Originally Posted by HPG View Post
    Atlas.ti displays the creator of each quote and each code, but does it identify the person who applied a particular code to a particular quote? If so, where is this information displayed?
    Not sure this is an answer.I do want to share my experiences. I had a person who did the initial coding for me. When I started to code myself, I wanted to differentiate our coding. So I went to "Extra" --> "User editor" --> create a new user. (Manual, Chapter on "Collaboration"). Then "Extra" -->"Change object ownership" --> change. I changed the initial coding to the account I created for him. And I log myself in as "super," the default administrative user. Then I had a problem which I still do not have a answer. Sometimes, when I coded, the code still showed up under the other person's name. Even more bothersome was that the code list doubled. Whenever I used a code that was created by the first person, the code doubled on the list, meaning that on the list, there are now two identifical name for the specific code. I could not tell which was me, which was the other person. If any one has a answer. would very much appreciate it.

Some clarifications on my previous response. I figured out part of the problems of being unable to identify who coded which. The two identitical codes have some number next to the code, showing how many times it had been coded. At this point, the higher number meant that it has been used many times, which meant it was created by the first person. So if I chose the one with a higher number (code created and coded by the first person), then the quotation I just coded became his work. If I chose the code with a lower number, then the coding was registered under mine user name. The problem is that I have not gone with all the PDs. I am sure I would not be able to use the numerical number as a guide pretty soon.