Cooc Table vs Query tool: Overlap problem

I have Pdocs in pdf which are not just texts, they are students productions which includes graphs, texts, etc. When I select the quotes they often overlap, because maybe there's a drawing in the left side of the pdf, then another one just on the right.

If I count the cooccurrence of 2 codes, if I use the query tool I get what I need, it takes into consideration both quotes independently and counts fine.
    When I use the cooc table, it counts overlaping quotes and mixes the codes.

I have read the manual and know this is the way it works, but isn't there a way to get a table with cooccurrence just the way the query tool counts them? I can't understant why having the tool working (query tool) the program can't just make a table with that results.

Any help will be appreciated!

the query tool always gives you the quotations of that code that you entered first. The Co-occurence tools gives you the number of events when two codes occour. If you open the list behind the number, you have access to ALL quotations involved as you do not specify a sequence when running the Cooccurence tool.

thus you see the quotation A that overlaps B, but also B that is overlapped by A.

So, I am afraid - as it is now, the answer to your question " isn't there a way to get a table with cooccurrence just the way the query tool counts them? " is no.

if you save the result in the query tool as super code, then you have then number as frequency for the supercode. The Codes-primary documents table can then give you an overview of how often this supercode occurs across documents. MAybe this is a workable workaround?

Susanne
    Dr. Susanne Friese
    Qualitative Research & Consulting
    http://www.quarc.de

Thanks for the answer Susanne, but what I want to avoid is a search for every term in the table using the query tool. I want to create several tables to see cooccurrence of codes, so I think the only way to do that is requoting all documents and making quotes not to overlap, although they wil not contain the entire information associated.

Thanks