Data security with Atlas.ti 8

Hello,

We are considering switching our users over to version 8 from version 7, but I see data security as a hurdle. It is our data security policy that all personally identifiable information be stored on a secure restricted-access network drives. This is not my choice, but internal IT, IRB, and government data security regulations. With version 7 we used to embed text documents (usually through the survey import) to ensure that all the files were in one place, and not on a potentially insecure location, like a "insecure" shared drive or a local drive.

How can I control where personally identifiable information is stored with version 8? We need to establish a policy and procedure for this before purchasing the new licences.

Thanks for your help.

jason

Administrator
    The upcoming version 8.1 (to be released in a matter of weeks) will have the option to move the library (i.e the internal data repository) to a location of your choice. Plus, the data in the repository is always encrypted. So the level of data security you require should be given.

Hope this helps.

Yes, thank you for the fast response. We will wait until version 8.1 comes out and revisit.

best regards,

jason