Question missing features in Atlas.ti 8?

Hi,
    I started to use Atlas.ti 8.
    I did not find the the option "access to edit mode" that is available in 7 and allow editing the primary document. Is it possible to edit the document with Atlas.ti 8. If not, will this option be available in the next update?

Thanks

Administrator
    Hi, this functionality is currently not (yet) available in ATLAS.ti 8. But it is in the works and will be implemented in a future service pack/update. We cannot tell an exact time frame, though, as of this writing. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi, is it already available now? It seems to be a pretty important function. Or is there another way to edit text documents outside ATLAS.ti 8 without loosing already coded parts?
    Thanks

Hi, I am also waiting for this feature to work in Atlas.ti 8. I can not move to version 8 without. And I can not continue working with version 7 because version 7 does not have an undo function. In Windows 10 it happens too often that I loose chunks of text by accident when mouse and touchscreen collide. That is not an Atlas.ti issue but it does make a undo function as must have as this edit text mode. I understand you can not give an exact timeframe but can you give us an estimate when we will have both in one version of Atlas.ti? Are we talking months, quarters, next year? Many thanks

It is really a pity. Atlas.ti 8 is out already for more than one year but it is still missing important features. I am using atlas.ti 7. Hopefully, I will not be forced to move to 8.

yes, it will become available again with version 8.3 or 8.3.x this summer. The reason why it is currently not available has to do with the compatibility between Mac and Windows. Thus, when it will become available in the Windows version, it will also become available in the Mac version.

Susanne
    Dr. Susanne Friese
    Qualitative Research & Consulting
    http://www.quarc.de

you cannot edit text outside of ATLAS.ti and make those change somehow available inside of ATLAS.ti - if you add the document again, it will be a new document without coding.

If there is something important that needs to be corrected - you can write a comment for the quotation. As mentioned in a later post, the edit option will become available mid-year either with the release of 8.3 or a bit later with 8.3.x. In April version 8.2 will be released with a number of other new features, like auto coding of focus group speakers and intercoder agreement.

Susanne
    Dr. Susanne Friese
    Qualitative Research & Consulting
    http://www.quarc.de

Hi,

Please address the missing text editing function in Atlas.ti 8 as a matter of urgency.

Not only is the function essential to clean and complement data that has already been coded, but it is no longer possible to simultaneously correct and interview transcripts by listening to the audio whilst coding. Comments are a lousy replacement for one of the most rudimentary features of previous versions of Atlas, and the absence of the text editing function is particularly frustrating for long-standing Atlas users.

Many thanks

Administrator
    Hello, we hear your request and assure you that the function will come back at some point in the (hopefully near-ish ) future. But please understand that there are other pressing issues and function requests as well that also have high priority (in fact, we receive a great many requests for all sorts of features, and nearly every user has their own different high priorities and needs). We do what we can and hope to be able to offer the text editing function later this year. We appreciate your patience and thank you for your understanding that some things do take time to implement.